1304 SE Ash apt F Portland OR, 97214
(970) 688-1747 - mrjeffmccarthy [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Ten-01- Portland, OR
Pastry Chef- Creation and production of all dessert menu items including cakes, pastries, ice creams, candies, cookies and chocolates. Responsible for all aspects of the pastry department, including ordering, receiving, costing, menu planning, and recipe development. Also responsible for creating and producing rotating seasonal dessert menu for Tabla, ten-01’s sister restaurant.
Carlyle - Portland , OR
Fall 2007-January 2008
Head Pastry Cook- Creating seasonal menus with an emphasis on high quality local ingredients in a small upscale restaurant.
Fenouil - Portland, OR
Spring 2007-Winter 2007
Assisting the pastry chef in the daily production of fine artisanal pastries. Integral part of the menu planning recipe develpoment process. Maintain a proficiency in production, plating, ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
Vail Cascade Resort and Spa - Vail, CO
Fall 2005 - April 2007
Assistant Pastry Chef- Managed daily production of scratch baked goods in a high volume hotel pastry shop. Maintained a proficiency in ordering, receiving, inventory control, and menu/recipe development. Competent in the production of various creams, mousses, quick breads, sponges, doughs, cookies, and many hand crafted pastries. Played a crucial role in banquet buffets, high volume plated desserts and specialty cakes.
Chili Willy’s - Minturn, CO
Kitchen Manager/Line Cook- Managed a staff of six in a production tex-mex restaurant. Maintained a proficiency in ordering, receiving, inventory control, scheduling, menu and recipe development and daily lunch and dinner hot line production.
Mohonk Mountain House - New Paltz, NY
Pastry First Cook- Managed a staff of six in a production bakery. Maintained a proficiency in ordering, receiving, inventory control, menu/recipe development, and production buffet presentation.
Benchman- Ran daily lunch production, supplying three hotel restaurants with bread and pastries.
Sullivan County Community College - Liberty, NY
Participated in the Professional Chef Program
International School of Confectionary Arts - Gaithersburg, MD
Completed sugar decoration course
Orange Ulster Vo-tech - Goshen, NY
Graduated Culinary Food Trades Program
Marlboro High School - Marlboro, NY
Achievements and abilities
- Received Dessert of the Year 2008 award from Portland’s Willamette Week newspaper.
- Vail Cascade Peak Performer Award 4th Quarter 2007
- Mohonk Mountain House Culinarian of the Year 2000
- Master Chef’s Association of France Gold Medal for Pastry Centerpiece 2000
- Culinary Philantropique Society of NY First Prize for Pastry Presentation 2000
- Connecticut Chef’s Association Most Novel Centerpiece 1998
- Howard Goldberg Special Award for Pastry Presentation 1998
- James Nargis Most Creative Student Centerpiece Award 1998
- Fluent in Spanish
- Proficient in pulled sugar and wedding cake design